Why we like it
- The picture-book village of Woodstock is just a few minutes away
- Delicious country breakfast served each morning, included in your stay in the authentic farmhouse
- Beautiful tranquil location on the river
- Quaint yet stylish with attention to detail and family friendly atmosphere
- Friendly barman serving wines, local beers or cocktails in the evenings
About 506 On The River
506 On the River is a family-run inn on the banks of the Ottauquechee River. It lies just a few minutes from the picture-book village of Woodstock, Vermont with its myriad attractions for lovers of good food and the great outdoors. Innately stylish with charming rustic touches, the inn features River-view rooms and suites, a farmhouse kitchen serving breakfast, a lounge, bar and bistro serving dinner. The inn has just 30 well-appointed rooms with balconies with rocking chairs overlooking the lawns and river beyond.
The inn has recently opened a lovely mosaic-tiled indoor pool, ideal for relaxing. The area is surrounded by beautiful quaint villages, pastel-coloured clapboard houses, and covered bridges. The country breakfast is renowned, and the onsite bistro serves a simple, seasonal menu making the most of Vermont’s abundant fresh produce. The bar is the ideal place to relax in the evenings, where a friendly barman serves wines, local beers and cocktails in the evenings.