Why we like it
- Estancia La Bamba Areco is one of the oldest ranches (estancias) of the Pampas
- Discover the history of gaucho traditions that create La Bamba's unique magic
- Only eleven rooms individually designed with an eclectic mix of antique colonial furniture and modern South American art
- La Bamba is the perfect place to unwind and take your days at a slower pace. Locally sourced, regional food is a delight and meals are served round one large table with guests sharing their own stories. Private dining is available if preferred
- An elegant private house where everything works perfectly
About Estancia La Bamba Areco
Estancia La Bamba Areco is nestled in tranquil and unspoilt countryside yet only just over an hour from the vibrant city of Buenos Aires. This private house is set in a 200 year old park and each room enjoys views of the park or the owner's private world class polo fields. La Pulperia is the oldest building dating back to the 18th century and is where the gauchos would have sheltered with their horses and carriages. Today it is a beautiful retreat, perfect for reading or simply enjoying a fine glass of wine imagining how the gauchos would have spent their time sharing stories and songs.
La Bamba derives from the Celtic word, Bahamba, meaning 'place of rest and hospitality' and this is without question the essence of La Bamba. Enjoy a morning by the pool, or a hot stone massage or simply read your favourite book in this idyllic spot. For the more adventurous horse riding and mountain bikes are available. With San Antonio de Areco only 10 miles away this is an ideal base to discover this colonial town with cobbled streets, church, bar and museums. The eleven rooms and suites are elegant and understated all with a private patio.