Why we like it
- The apartments have terraces, whilst the bungalows have wrap-around decks, all set in acres of lush garden
- Txai Resort is tucked away in a small bay and behind a large swathe of Itacarezinho beach
- The cuisine is gently spiced Brazilian and Bahian, fused with European
- The resort has a beautiful pool, and access to miles of unspoilt white sand beaches
- Other facilities include a bar and lounge, sauna, Jacuzzi, steam room, tennis courts, bicycles and a cinema
- The resort has a children's pool
- The hill top spa offers great views and a multitude of treatments
Txai Resort is a fabulously beautiful eco-friendly estate. Rustic simplicity blends effortlessly with style and luxury on a breath-taking stretch of Bahia's undeveloped Cacoa Coast.
The resort's 14 apartments and 26 bungalows are set on a hillside among coconut groves and within easy reach of the beach front and pool. All are rustic in design, yet very comfortable and spacious. Build from local woods and standing on stilts, they are quite unassuming on the outside, but beautifully calm spaces on the inside - where cool polished floors are punctuated by woven matting, and the large, comfortable beds are draped in pure white netting.
Away from the rooms, the large, stylish sitting room is superb, and a testament to the owners' artistic flair.