Why we like it
- The eight cottages all have private patios and outdoor showers
- This chic property is located a short stroll from the centre of San Pedro de Atacama
- The hotel serves delicious light meals based fish, meat and vegetarian themes, using local ingredients
- A continuously filtering pool with fountain is set under a huge algorrobo tree and surrounded by single and double cushioned sun loungers as well as two curtained private cabañas
- Other facilities include a fireside library stocked with guidebooks, magazines, novels and chess tables, and an open-air bar sculpted from petrified wood
About Awasi Atacama
Awasi stands in oasis-like grounds, where flagstone paths meander through gardens landscaped with local trees and grasses - a rambling furnished patio with cushioned conversation and dining areas is at the heart of the hotel.
Throughout, the hotel is built from walls of adobe and smooth San Pedro River stones to create an authentic feel. Its eight cabañas, with their pointed thatched roofs, mimic the neighbouring village, Aldea de Tulor. Spacious studies in rustic chic, all have private patios and outdoor showers, and are furnished with dark wood and wicker, twig sconces and handmade dolls. Authentic décor leans on natural materials and desert colours, which mirror the orange-to-aqua spectrum of an Atacama sunset.
Each cabaña is assigned a private guide and four-wheel drive vehicle, ensuring Atacama's exciting excursions are tailored to every guest.