Why we like it
- An eco-friendly beach retreat, on the shores of the Pacific Coast
- Composed of a beautiful main house and five villas
- Take a cooking class and learn how to rustle up typical Manabí dishes
- Head to the beach for surf lessons, horseback riding or a yoga session
- Travel by yacht to Isla de la Plata to discover a variety of seabirds, including frigates and blue-footed boobies
About Tanusas Retreat & Spa
Tanusas Retreat & Spa proves being eco-friendly needn’t mean compromising on luxury. This coastal hideaway lies on Ecuador’s west coast, looking out to the glistening Pacific Ocean. It comprises one main house and five villas – a sustainable village dedicated to rest and relaxation.
Bed down in comfort in one of the ocean-view suites, sun-washed, airy and utterly uncluttered. The tiki-thatched roof and palm-fringed garden of your villa set the perfect tropical tone. Lounge on the decked terrace by the outdoor pool or take a dip in the sea – just a stone’s throw away.
Take full advantage of the therapeutic activities provided by this wellness retreat. Limber up and destress during a yoga or Pilates class, especially rewarding at dusk or dawn – you can even choose the spot. Enjoy a relaxing canter along the beach on horseback or have a meditative meander through the forest. Back at the resort, unwind with a soothing massage.
Tanusas has plenty to treat your taste buds. Sip antioxidant-rich juices and teas, try your hand at rustling up an uber-healthy meal at a cooking class and sample perfectly-paired wine at lunch or dinner.
This eco-retreat is the ideal antidote to an itinerary chock-full of hikes, rail rides, hotel hops and devilish tipples. Round off your Ecuadorian adventure with the ultimate in R&R at Tanusas Retreat & Spa.