Why we like it
- Located in 125,000 hectares in the Linyanti Private Concession
- Totally rebuilt in 2012 with raised decks creating incredible vistas of the river
- Ten spacious ensuite tents, two being family tents
- Runs completely on solar power
- Wildlife viewings are good year round
DumaTau is built under cool mangosteen trees overlooking an enormous lagoon. It is located just east of the source of the Savuti Channel. Accommodation is in ten luxurious, raised, tented rooms under thatch with en suite facilities with hot and cold running water, flush toilets and shower. Each room has an additional outdoor open-air shower, for those who prefer to be closer to nature. The architecture evokes the age of the explorers along with a sense of space, thanks to the wraparound windows providing dramatic views of the river. The main areas include an expansive deck and dining and lounge areas all sporting the same vista. There is an adjoining swimming pool, the perfect place to relax from the heat of the day. DumaTau operates completely on solar energy, for hot water, lighting and other energy needs, and is built of FSC-standard timber.