Why we like it
- Set in the wide open plains of the Linyanti Marshes on the private Kwando concession
- Eight en-suite tents all with a bath & double outside showers includes a family room
- This area is famous for its predators and high concentrations of elephants
- The 4x4 vehicles are able to go off road and night time drives are offered
- Perfect safari experience for all the camp balances understated elegance with untamed Africa to perfection
About Kwando Lebala
Kwando Lebala Camp has eight especially designed tents set on the wide-open flood plains, with panoramic bush views from your own private deck. Lebala is situated in the south of the Kwando concession, adjacent to the Linyanti marshes that form the boundary between Botswana and Namibia. Lebala means 'open spaces' in Setswana and the scenery is dominated by vast plains with scattered palms and tree islands backed by wooded savannahs.
The main area of the camp consists of a separate thatched dining area adjacent to a comfortable lounge and bar area. There is a small plunge pool to relax in or by in the heat of the day. There is always a campfire going in the evening which makes for a fantastic atmosphere after dinner, and definitely essential in the cooler months. This special ecosystem is home to a wide variety of Africa's plains game such as zebra, wildebeest, impala, giraffe and tsessebe and also provides refuge to lechwe, waterbuck and the shy sitatunga.
Kwando Camps welcome children of all ages and do have a special "Family Safari" programme with your own dedicated guide to not only guide you on your game drives but to look after you in camp and make sure that the children are not only entertained but learning about life in the bush. Some of the activities on offer are spoor castings, using spotlights, fishing, mammal, bird and plant identification, identifying night sounds and making greeting cards out of natural materials.