Why we like it
- A traditional East African 1940's style camp
- 10 en suite luxury canvas tents
- The opportunity to walk through the Kalahari with a gang of habituated but, wild meerkats
- Learn about the Bushmen, they may even join some of the activities on offer
- Jacks Camp is perfect for everyone wanting a true desert experience and children of all ages welcome
About Jack's Camp
Sited on the original spot chosen by Jack Bousfield in the 1960's, Jack's Camp is set on the Pans of the Makgadikgadi. A relic of one of the world's largest super-lakes, formed some five to seven million years ago, the lake dried thousands of years ago to leave a vast salt pan. Jacks camp has 2 distinctive seasons dry Season (winter) 16th April - 31st October and Wet season (summer) 01 November - 15th April. During the wet season the landscape transforms, clouds of flamingo and other migratory birds along with herds of zebra and wildebeest who are drawn to the lush long grass ultimately the predators head this way too.
At the camp there is a beautiful swimming pool where you can escape the heat and relax in the cool waters. Afternoon tea at Jacks camp is a sumptuous affair and the chef goes to great trouble to create mouth-watering sweet and savoury delicacies. The meals at the camp are served in the dining tent surrounded by interesting artefacts.