Why we like it
- 6 white canvas safari tents complete with bucket showers and flush toilets
- San Camp is run entirely by solar energy
- Incredible guiding to discover this unique part of Botswana and learn with the local San people as they demonstrate their survival skills
- San Camp is one of the most romantic camps in Africa
- A complete desert experience for all and children of all ages welcome
About San Camp
San Camp is set on a private concession that adjoins the Makgadikgadi National Park, and is the sister camp of the famous Jack's Camp. Supremely remote, turn 360° and nothing will cross the eye except the bowl of the sky and curve of the earth. A collection of the Stewart Granger 1940s safari tents, complete with bucket showers, flush toilets, four-poster beds, mosquito net canopies, percale sheets and paraffin lamps. There is no electricity at San Camp.
San Camp offers a rare insight into life in the Khalahari together with the local San people discover how the natives survived in one of the harshest and dry environments on earth. Offering a complete desert experience, a safari at San Camp will focus on species that are unique to the area such as aardvark, gemsbuck and springbuck. Activities on offer at San camp are vast, get very close with the family of meerkats, walk with Zu/'hoasi trackers, game drives to experience a unique desert wildlife, visit Chapman's Baobab, a rare chance to see some of the unique desert bird species or simply relax in the yoga pavilion.
San Camp is only open in the dry season (Winter) and the opening dates are weather dependent.