Why we like it
- Selinda Camp is made up of 9 luxury tents one being a 2 bedroom family tent each with their own private viewing deck
- Custom built Land Cruisers with individual bucket seats and a removable canvas roof are the perfect way to discover this interesting reserve
- A unique open air bathroom
- Selinda Camp is surrounded by rich game floodplains which are also host to a variety of birdlife species ( in excess of 300)
- Selinda is an excellent choice of camp for wildlife enthusiasts and a first time safari
About Selinda Camp
Selinda Camp is located on an island on the banks of the Selinda Spillway near to where the Kwando, Savuti, and Linyanti Rivers converge. Selinda Camp is made up of 9 luxury tents under thatch, one of which is a 2 bed roomed family tent all of which look out onto the panoramic views of the floodplains. Each luxurious tent has a unique egg shaped stone bath and is furnished with beautifully appointed furniture. The main dinner and lounge area is built on raised decks under thatched roofing and offers breathing taking views over the flood plains. There is also a temperature controlled wine cellar offering some excellent South African wines.
Activities involve the traditional 4x4 game drives, spending time in one of the hides which overlook waterholes and flood plains, a walking safari to discover the smaller animals and plant life, canoeing, fishing and boating activities are also available, these are dependent on water levels. There is also a small plunge pool to cool off by in the middle of the day, and a resident therapist who offers a variety of massages. The wildlife that you can expect to see at Selinda are antelope, zebra, cheetah, wild dog, lion and dry season elephant concentrations. Nocturnal species include serval, porcupine, springhare and possibly leopard.