Why we like it
- The first camp in Botswana to be accredited as a prestigious Relais & Châteaux member
- Four stylish "marquis" tents with own private plunge pool
- Zarafa Camp offers luxurious accommodation and personal safaris
- Activities on offer are day and afternoon game drives, night drives with spotlights, short walks from camp and on game drives, fishing with a limited supply of basic equipment is on offer seasonally - on a catch and release basis
- One of the greenest luxury camps in Africa
About Zarafa Camp and the Dhow Suites
Set on the fringes of the Zibadanja Lagoon on the 320,000 acre Selinda Reserve, Zarafa Camp evokes an atmosphere of a 1920's safari with modern touches. Each of the four "marquis" style guest tents has its own private plunge pool, indoor and outdoor shower, large beautiful copper bath, central fireplace, and large bedroom and lounge areas. All guest tents and the main lounge and dining areas are crafted only from recycled hardwoods and canvas. All the electricity in the camp comes from its solar farm with its system of batteries and inverters and vehicles run on a mixture of 85% recycled cooking oil.
Activities at Zarafa include day and night drives which are done in custom built Land Cruisers with 7 individual buckets seats and removable canvas roof. A walking safari is a great way to explore the smaller life on the Selinda Reserve; you can take a short walk around camp or a more in-depth full morning walk which will be led by licensed armed guides.For a more relaxed activity enjoy a fishing trip on the lagoon (seasonal) or there is a resident therapist who can offer a variety of massages.
Zarafa Camp boasts all of the Chobe wildlife, with a varied bird and mammal community. Abundant plains game can be found here including lechwe, kudu, buffalo, zebra and giraffe. It is also a predator-rich reserve including cheetah, wild dog, lion, and leopard. The massive herds of elephant are another highlight while a wide variety of birds - some 300 or more - can also be seen.