Why we like it
- Each tented room boasts its own rim flow plunge pool
- Activities on offer are walking safaris, mokoro canoe trips, fishing, bird watching, local village tours and a helicopter safari
- Alfresco dining overlooking the lagoon
- Private airstrip and helipad
- Uninterrupted views of the Okavango Delta
About Eagle Island Lodge, A Belmond Safari, Botswana
Belmond Eagle Island Lodge is set at the heart of the delta on Xaxaba Island and shaded by the cool branches of indigenous Illala Palms that surround the camp. Twelve luxury thatched tents are positioned on raised wooden platforms, with large private decks complete with rim flow plunge pools. The tent interiors are luxurious with en suite bathrooms complete with an indoor bathtub and four poster beds and have a deep day bed to relax after your early morning safari.
Belmond Eagle Island Lodge is positioned close to Xaxaba village, and for guests of the camp who are interested may visit the village. This is a true village not simply a tourist attraction, see how this community live traditionally by their culture but also how they have adapted to modern times.