Why we like it
- Located in the heart of the Okavango Delta, this is the only camp on this private concession
- The camp can accommodate a maximum of 10 guests in its five luxury tented rooms, ensuring an exclusive experience
- Enjoy early-morning and late-afternoon game drives and water activities (water levels permitting)
- The camp was designed by Derek Joubert to reflect the original 1920s colonial safari experience
- Duba Plains aims to deliver an exclusive, private safari experience with minimum environmental impact
About Duba Plains Camp
One of our favourite places to stay in the Okavango Delta, Duba Plains is one of only two camps to hold the prestigious Relais & Châteaux accreditation. Stay here and your welcome into the African bush will be one of sheer style and indulgence. The beautifully designed canvas rooms each offer a large, open-plan bathroom. A stunning, Victorian copper bath tub forms the centrepiece of each bathroom – the perfect place to enjoy a relaxing soak as you overlook the endless floodplains. And your chances of seeing incredible wildlife from your tub are good too – the rise in water levels in the last decade has seen an increased number of sightings of buffalo, lion and a diverse range of other species in the area.
The centre of the camp boasts a raised dining room and a covered lounge area. Sink into one of the comfortable leather sofas and watch the local wildlife walk by as you sip a fresh cup of coffee. If you’d prefer to dine privately, you’ll have your pick of options. We can arrange for dinner to be served in the well-stocked wine cellar, and the library provides a cosy backdrop on cooler evenings. However, we think the best way to dine at Duba Plains is out under the stars. Enjoy delicious, freshly prepared dishes and world-class wines as the sounds of distant lion calls serenade you.