Why we like it
- Jao camp is located on a remote island in the heart of the Okavango Delta in the 60,000 hectare Jao concession
- A luxurious camp with nine spacious tents, individually handcrafted each with their own private sala
- Jao camp has a full menu of therapies ranging from Clarins' facials to a range of massage options at the spa
- Activities on offer are day and night game drives, seasonal boating and fishing, mekoro trips, walking and bird watching
- There is a small gymnasium at the camp
About Jao Camp
This super luxurious camp is the flagship camp on the Jao concession, the nine tents are of open plan design each with a lounge, dressing area, main bedroom, en suite facilities with a Victorian roll top bath and an outdoor shower. The main area is stunning, a two storey building with a lounge and dining area, two plunge pools, a library, a boma, an excellent wine cellar, the Jao spa and a gym.
The Jao Concession is set in the most densely populated wetland area for sitatunga antelope and red lechwe, and of course hippopotamus and crocodile are regularly sighted. In the dry season lechwe, tsessebe, elephant, wildebeest and zebra occur here, and lion, cheetah and leopard are often sighted on the flood plains. In the summer months, activities are mostly game drives, whereas in the winter months mainly water-based activities are offered due to the seasonal flood waters.