Why we like it
- Shinde is located in a private concession
- Activities include game drives, year round water activities and bush walks
- Discover the incredible bird, plant and reptile species in the Okavango Delta
- Only eight classic safari tents all with a spacious bathroom and private decks
- Fishing for tigerfish and tilapia is available in season (March through to December)
Shinde is hidden on a lush palm island in the heart of the northern Okavango Delta, an intimate camp located at the edge of Shinde lagoon, which teems with animal and birdlife.
The main area is a unique tree house with a raised dining and lounge area, set under canvas. Shinde has been cleverly created to include the established trees.
Shinde has a diverse range of activities on offer year round: powerboats and mokoros trips to explore the mystical waterways of the Okavango Delta. Or go in search of the larger mammals with day game drives and the nocturnal animals on night drives. For the more adventurous there is nothing more exhilarating than a morning walk in the bush with an experienced game ranger bringing the natural world to life.