Why we like it
- Vumbura Plains Camp is a luxury camp in the northern Okavango Delta
- Located on a private concession of 60,000 hectares of pristine wilderness
- Spacious contemporary rooms each with a large bedroom, a sunken lounge and a private deck with plunge pool
- One family suite with two en-suite bedrooms
- Activities on offer are day and night game drives, walking, mekoros, boat trips, seasonal fishing and bird watching
About Vumbura Plains Camp
Vumbura Plains camp is a unique camp consisting of Vumbura Plains South and Vumbura Plains North, each camp is identical with 7 guest rooms each having its own main area consisting of raised dining, lounge and bar area hidden away under the indigenous trees of the area. The vegetation ranges from open floodplains to dense mopane bushveld creating spectacular game viewing and birding opportunities all year round.
The main area of the camp opens up to a large deck overlooking the floodplains, a perfect place to sit and watch the sunset with your choice of drink. Plenty of luxurious and oversized seating has been designed to maximise space and create a relaxing environment that blends in with the surrounding nature.
Game viewing and birdlife in this area is excellent year round it is the only place in the Okavango Delta that you will probably see a red lechwe (an animal that inhabits the edges of the waterways) and a sable antelope (an animal that prefers dry countryside) proving that this area is not only scenically different but very interesting from a wildlife perspective. Other game that you will expect to see seasonally are elephant, giraffe, impala, kudu, zebra, common waterbuck and reedbuck, tsessebe, wildebeest, and Cape buffalo. Predators include the African Wild Dog, several resident prides of lion, leopard, cheetah and the African wildcat.