Why we like it
- Owned by the Francombe Family, an exceptional game sanctuary
- Sits on the banks of the Uaso Nyiro River, overlooked by the majestic Mount Kenya
- Your Samburu guide, local to this area will bring the wildlife to life on game drives or walks
- For the more active relish in mountain bike rides, camel treks or horseriding safaris
- The infinity pool is the perfect place to cool down after a game drive
About Ol Malo
Ol Malo takes its name from the elusive antelope, the Kudu. Set on a rocky escarpment on the edge of the Laikipia Plateau, it is built with natural local materials in complete harmony with the surroundings.
This intimate lodge with just four cottages is managed and owned by the Francombe family, each of the cottages has its own veranda offering complete privacy. For families and small groups of friends travelling together we recommend Ol Malo House, this exclusive use property built in rock and olive wood complete with a thatched roof and fully staffed to offer incredible hospitality in this magnificent setting. The sitting and dining area of the main lodge shade from the heat of the African sun and the open fire place will keep you warm during cooler evenings. Ol Malo is truly a special place, and together with their Samburu neighbours the Francombe's have created a home for themselves which they are happy to share with a privileged few.