Why we like it
- Seven luxurious villas and one private house
- Activities include cultural tours, bush walks, game drives and spending time with game scouts and anti-poaching staff to learn more about the complexities of conservation
- Views over the magnificent Laikipia Plateau towards the spectacular Mount Kenya
- Facilities include a swimming pool, spa and wellness centre and a wine cellar
- Local dishes created by innovative chefs
About Segera Retreat
Conservation is king at Segera Retreat. It enables the camp to exist not only in harmony with its natural environment but also with the local people. The lodge is utterly luxurious in every way: you'll be welcomed to a tropical paradise with manicured gardens flowing round the property, where a beautiful swimming pool languishes, hidden under palm trees, and the accommodation is perfectly spaced to offer privacy and exclusivity.
Game viewing in this area is exceptional; the private reserve means there is a limited number of vehicles (and it is doubtful that you will see any others). The expert guiding is second to none, the array of wildlife nearby is amazing, so you'll be able to witness incredible animal interaction first hand. The villas are luxurious and spacious, complete with a private outside areas for additional room to relax. Food is very important at Segera, from where it comes from and of course how it tastes, so where possible local produce is purchased or grown and the team of chefs are well-practiced at creating tempting culinary delights. Segera Retreat is a truly special place where children of all ages are welcome.