Why we like it
- A private ranch located on the Laikipia plateau
- A luxurious home-away-from-home atmosphere
- Activities include game drives in open vehicles, bush walks, horse riding and conservation activities
- Stunning views of Mount Kenya
- Lewa House is a place to reconnect with the wilderness
About Lewa House
Originally a private home, Lewa House welcomes travellers to experience Kenya’s wildlife and learn about conservation. Guests will enjoy exceptional hospitality and the stunning landscape. Perfect for families, the three stone, cedar and thatch cottages come with two bedrooms, a thatched ceiling and large veranda. Four unique earthpods blend into the rugged setting and command beautiful views of the escarpment. The elegant main house features a huge open fireplace and overlooks the Lewa Plains. A dramatic free-form swimming pool overlooks a nearby waterhole. Farm-to-table meals are served alfresco, weather permitting.
Lewa House is closed in April and November.
Images courtesy of Lewa House.