Why we like it
- Family owned and run lodge with Wil and Emma Craig as your hosts
- With just six cottages creating nine rooms set amidst the beautiful gardens
- Full of the rustic character of a ranch homestead
- With over 30 horses and ponies in The Stables, advanced and inexperienced riders can take to the saddle
- The Garden rooms for families with two bedrooms and located close to the main areas of the lodge, make this the perfect choice
About Lewa Wilderness Camp
Lewa Wilderness is located in Lewa Downs at the foot of Mt.Kenya and is one of Kenya'smost successful private conservation areas. It has been the Craig family home since 1924 when the Craig grandparents came from England and began raising cattle here, and is still the home of Will and Emma Craig. Accommodation is in 9 comfortable cottages with en-suite bathrooms and the food is wholesome, ranch style and organically grown. Lewa Wilderness offers an exclusive hideaway from which to explore the African bush with a diverse array of wildlife in some of Kenya's most spectacular scenery. Activities include day and night game viewing drives, bush walks, horse riding, camel rides, farm visits and cultural visits. There is also the opportunity to visit the on-going conservation projects and also the craft centre run by the local community. For those wishing to relax, there is a swimming pool which seems to flow right over the escarpment.