Why we like it
- Situated on the edge of the Masai Mara, just below the spot where the famous final scene from Out of Africa was filmed
- Boasting some of the most plentiful and diverse wildlife in the world
- Luxury tented suites reflect the ambiance of a Kenyan safari in the 1920's or 1930's
- With some of the best trained guides in the Mara and the highest service possible, andBeyond Bateleur Camp is ideal for both the discerning traveler and the most seasoned safari travelers alike
- Activities on offer are morning and evening game drives in open Land Rovers, night game drives and guided walks on the camp's grounds, Masaai community visits and lectures
About andBeyond Bateleur Camp
Within sight of the Mara River and with one of the 'steps' of the Great Rift Valley as a backdrop, andBeyond Bateleur Camp offers dramatic game viewing and exceptional standards of service.
After an adventure in a custom-designed four-wheel drive, or a walk in the bush bringing alive the magic of this prime wilderness, the tree-shaded deep lap pool provides a cool retreat. The candlelit bush banquets on the riverbank will create an unforgettable atmosphere.
Guest areas bring in the vast open savannah, adding a touch of vintage safari elegance. Antiques, hand-crafted artefacts and keepsakes of bygone times mingle with cushy sofas and polished leather chairs. Shiny brass compasses, leather trunks and framed maps bring a poignant reminder of old world travellers on a similar journey, while bookshelves of bound tomes entertain and inform.
Nestled in a forest ravine each of the tents is privately secluded in a leafy enclave. All have a private veranda with deep leather chairs and quintessential views of the African landscape. Each tent has polished wooden floors, a real bathroom and even a private butler, who will bring you a coffee in the morning so you can rise to the dawn chorus and a rising sun over the sweeping the landscape.
Children over 11 years of age are welcome at andBeyond Bateleur Camp.