Why we like it
- Located in the Masai Mara, within the new Olare Orok Conservancy, it is a prime area for wildlife and game viewing
- It is a small, intimate tented bush camp with six en suite tents
- Activities include game drives, walking safaris, meals in the bush and cultural visits
- Hot air balloon trips and fly camping can also be arranged at an additional cost
- At Kicheche Bush Camp the emphasis is on a genuine safari experience
About Kicheche Bush Camp
Nestling in the Masai Mara's Olare Orok Conservancy, Kicheche bush camp is situated in a prime wildlife area, which offers incomparable game viewing without the crowds.
It is a small and intimate camp accommodating a maximum of twelve guests. The accommodation is comfortable with six tents that are custom designed and are equipped with twin or double beds. The en suite bathrooms have flush toilets and a traditional safari bucket shower with a view.
There is a large dining tent with a lounge area which is a perfect place to relax in between activities. As a small intimate camp it lends itself to communal dining, where guests can sit with their hosts and exchange stories of the days various encounters.
The cooks produce a variety of African and international dishes using fresh produce. For guests who are interested in the people of Kenya, there are cultural visits on offer.
Children are welcome at Kicheche, but for young children it is not recommended.