Why we like it
- Each tent has a professional Canon camera set and a pair of Swarovski binoculars for you to use, photographs will be downloaded to a DVD on departure
- Enjoy night drives in the Olare Orok Conservancy
- Evenings are spent around the campfire sharing stories of the days adventures
- Discover the best way to explore the bush on foot with walks accompanied by your safari guide
- Visit the nearby Masai village
About Mara Plains Camp
Mara Plains Camp is located on the northern border of the Masai Mara Game Reserve in the Olare Orok Conservancy. The camp areas are hidden among the bush and guests cross a swinging bridge across the river to get to the main area. There are two lounges, one has a small library and writing area, a dining room with a grand wood table and a magnificent chandelier and the décor is rich in browns, coppers and reds, encouraging a relaxing break from the days adventures. Accommodation is in seven large 'rooms' under canvas which open on three sides to the outside and have raised decks overlooking the vast savannah and the Ntiakatek River.
An extra-special touch is the Mara Plains Jahazi Suite, an exclusive use, two-bedroom tented villa with dedicated staff.