Why we like it
- A contemporary luxury lodge set by a scenic riverbank
- Fourteen roomy suites offer private decks and daybeds
- One of the few lodges to be rated Gold by Ecotourism Kenya
- From around July to October, herds of wildebeest and zebra are known to cover the plains
- Children of all ages are welcome
About Sanctuary Olonana
Find ultimate luxury in the heart of a savannah wilderness in south-western Kenya. Offering ultra-modern bliss, Sanctuary Olonana is a recently refurbished retreat. Brand-new, glass-fronted suites offer light, sumptuous interiors and opulent marble-and-slate bathrooms, as well as private decks. Living spaces are adorned with specially commissioned African art.
Enjoy the new restaurant and relaxation area or dine alfresco. Spend calm afternoons at the pool or out on the scenic sundeck. Meanwhile, the spa offers specialist Africology treatments. Experience personalised service and a relaxed atmosphere throughout your stay. With a Gold rating from Ecotourism Africa, Sanctuary Olonana takes a range of measures to maintain a high ecological standard.
Observe the artisan craft workshop onsite and visit nearby villages to meet the famed Maasai people. This is the beautiful setting for sighting the Big Five. Highly knowledgeable guides lead expeditions through the Masai Mara in open-sided four-wheel drives. These experiences are tailored around your preferences and can be as active or leisurely as you like.