Why we like it
- Fourteen spacious canvas tents, all have parquet floors, four-poster beds and private verandas overlooking the river
- The camp has a library, a pool and an organic garden where much of the food served in camp is grown
- Experience traditional African remedies at the mini-spa alongside French marine therapies from Thalgo
- From around July to October herds of wildebeest and zebra cover the plains, often crossing the river between Tanzania and Kenya
- Children of all ages are welcome
About Sanctuary Olonana
In the heart of Kenya's big game country, Sanctuary Olonana nestles in the Masai Mara conservation area on the banks of the Mara River. This is the beautiful setting for your sightings of the 'Big Five' - lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant and rhino. Personalised service and an intimate and relaxed atmosphere make for a spectacular stay.
Gain a rare glimpse of the day-to-day lives of the famed Masai people in the adjacent village, while luxuriating in surroundings that will thrill as much as indulge you. At the forefront of eco-tourism in Kenya with solar power, a tree planting scheme and a wetlands project - Sanctuary Olonana is an unusual blend of restful comfort, delicious dining and intellectual stimulation. A world of remarkable opportunities for adventure awaits you. Guided viewing expeditions in open-sided four-wheel drives are sure to set the pulse racing. Yet the pace of your safari can be as active or as leisurely as you desire, matching the changing patterns of animal activity.
The camp is involved with innovative wetlands and tree -planting projects that have earned a gold award from Ecotourism Kenya.