Why we like it
- Elewana Elsa's Kopje is set in the untamed wilderness of Meru National Park
- There are nine luxurious open planned designer cottages all incorporated into the natural features of the rocky hillside
- Activities include; day and night game drives, guided bush walks, meals in the bush, sundowners, cultural visits, day excursions to the Tana River and day trips to the Adamson camp in Kora
- The lodge's emphasis is on a complete safari experience - fun, intellectually stimulating and to be at one with nature
- Massages and spa treatments are also provided
About Elewana Elsa's Kopje
The lodge is named after Elsa the lioness made famous by George and Joy Adamson's biographical book and film "Born Free". Elewana Elsa's Kopje is virtually invisible to the eye as it blends into the rocky crags, just above George Adamson's original campsite. It is one of the most elegant lodges of East Africa and with it being perched on Mughwango Hill with 360 degree views.
All of the nine individually built open plan cottages are luxuriously appointed and designed to incorporate the natural features of the rocky hillside. The cottages are spacious and have double or twin beds, with en-suite bathrooms with fantastic views over the plains.
The Honeymoon Suite is built on three floors and includes a sitting room, double bedroom and en suite bathroomThe sense of space, style and pure relaxation is complemented by an open bar, lounge and dining room with an exceptionally inviting infinity pool with a truly fabulous outlook over the Meru plains.
At Elewana Elsa's Kopje, guests eat on their own individual tables. Dinner is almost always held outside, with candlelit tables laid out under the stars. Private romantic dinners can also be arranged. The camp makes a point of growing most of its own produce and so boasts a wonderful selection of fresh food.