Why we like it
- Located on the protected north-west side of the island, in a protected marine conservation area
- Built from local materials to merge with its surroundings
- Surrounded by incredible dive sites
- Meals are fresh from the sea with delicacies as crayfish, crab and calamari
- A small and intimate lodge with an African and Arabian style both in décor and cuisine
About andBeyond Benguerra Island
andBeyond Benguerra Island is comprised of 12 rooms (10 casinhas and two cabanas) reflecting African and Portuguese design. A little slice of paradise inthe middle of the Indian Ocean. The thatched rooms have draped fourposter beds, spacious bathrooms and outdoor showers. Vast verandas lead tooutdoor dining areas and glittering plunge pools with the open beach beyond.
The cuisine here is fantastic and makes the most of the abundant seafood,served on the beach with your toes in the sand. Take a kayak out to sea whereyou may spot the rare dugong, or be joined by a pod of dolphins, or hop onthe lodge's dhow boat for a sunset cruise. If you're feeling energetic you can gohorse riding along the shore or explore the island's many hidden trails.