Why we like it
- Ocean front of more than 2km of beach
- Just nine seafront villas
- Activities: deep sea fishing expeditions, snorkelling and swimming with dolphins, kayaking, scuba diving, horse riding, walking and massage treatments
- Home to one of the richest turtle nesting sites in southern Mozambique. Between November and February each year, loggerhead and leatherback turtles head to this stretch of coast to lay their eggs
- Perfect for couples, honeymooners and anyone looking for a total escape. Children of all ages welcome
About Azura Quilalea
Quilalea Island is 35 hectares and is unique having a deep channel on the landward side, allowing protected mooring all year round and at all points of the tide. There are various beaches around the island to explore.The nine island villas are split into three categories: the Kaskazi Villas, The Kusi Villas and the very special cliff top Villa Quilalea. All have been expanded and revamped with natural finishing's, private decks stretching out over the beach, and several daybeds and sun-loungers.
Uniquely at Azura Quilalea, guests can control their own energy consumption through bare minimum requirements for the room, such as basic lighting and fan, or Luxe providing all mod cons including air conditioning. The water temperature is warm year round and ranges from 28 - 32 degrees +. Children welcome of all ages. Children may be asked to dine earlier depending on the guests staying on the island.