Why we like it
- Located in the beautiful Quirimbas Archipelago of northern Mozambique
- Ibo is one of the most fascinating islands due its historical past as a main Arabian port and the infamous slave trade
- The lodge encompasses three beautiful mansions each over a hundred years old housing the 14 air conditioned rooms
- Activities on offer are Kayaking trips through the mangroves, snorkelling, cultural visits, bicycle hire, picnic trips to the sandbank, sailing in a traditional dhow, guided nature and bird walks and massages using local ingredients
- Each room is individually decorated with handcrafted beds and a wide verandah
About Ibo Island Lodge
Ibo Island once a bustling Arabian port for a time has been a place that has been forgotten, but this magical place is now welcoming tourists to discover the beauty of the island as well as the fascinating history that this island holds. Explore the fortified and deserted crumbling ruins of the town rich in history and culture; a melting-pot of Arab, Indian, Portuguese and African influences. Make time to visit Ibo's silversmiths at work, renowned for their intricate jewellery.
The waters surrounding Ibo offer idyllic beaches and some of Africa's richest coral reefs. Dine on fresh seafood of every description, and don't forget to relax at one of the pools with a cocktail or frosty Mozambican beer and soak up the tranquil atmosphere. Two of the mansions house the bedrooms and one is the main area of the lodge, an incredible roof top terrace restaurant overlooking the Indian Ocean. Ibo Island is an incredible destination a beautiful island full of mystique and intrigue.