Why we like it
- Serra Cafema is one of the most remote camps in Southern Africa
- Only accessible by a 3 hour flight from Windhoek
- Activities on offer are nature drives, boating trips, nature walks, a visit to a local Himba village, quad biking through the dunes and a full day outing to Marienfluss Valley with a picnic lunch
- Eight thatch and canvas chalets on elevated decks overlooking the Kunene River
- Serra Cafema is a must on any safari shortlist
About Serra Cafema Camp
Located with views of the Kunene River, Serra Cafema is a special place hidden within the colossal Hartmann Valley. Just eight thatch and canvas chalets set on elevated decks blend into the surrounding landscape and provide a comfortable home from home. The main areas include a dining room, bar and swimming pool. A variety of activities are available but perhaps the most special is to spend time with the nomadic Himba people of the area. This area is not a game viewing area there are limited herds of gemsbok, springbok and Hartmann's mountain zebra. The Kunene River has a large population of Nile crocodiles which is an anomaly in a desert.