Why we like it
- Home of the Africat Foundation
- A choice of accommodation from Plains Camp, Luxury Bush Camp, the Select Private Suite (maximum 4 guests) and the Grand, African Villa (maximum 12 guests)
- Experience a day in the life of the bushmen
- Each camp has its own swimming pool, outside and inside fire place and an independent kitchen, restaurant and bar
- A variety of activities on offer from leopard tracking, observe the welfare work of the Africat Project, rehabilitated cheetah tracking on foot, nature trails, birdwatching and nocturnal hides
About Okonjima Lodge
Okonjima has a variety of accommodation on offer to suit everyone. The Main camp is the original family homestead and has 14 standard double rooms and 10 view rooms all with views of the bush and three rooms overlooking the waterhole. The Luxury Bush camp is more intimate with only twelve luxury African thatched chalets one being a honeymoon suite with outside bathtub. The Private Bush Suite has two luxury en suite bedrooms and is the perfect choice of accommodation for a family or group of 4 adults travelling together, with its own private waterhole. The ultimate in accommodation and perfect for a large group or family is the The Grand, African Villa.
Okonjima is home to the Africat project, which is an incredible project in Namibia and has been able to help save a vast number of cheetahs and other predators that threaten farmland in the country. The animals that are on the rehabilitation program do have radio collars in order for the programme to be successful. The activities on offer at Okonjima give a genuine insight into the excellent work that is done by the Africat project as well as giving you the opportunity to learn from the bushmen of the area.