Why we like it
- Library, games rooms and community awareness centre offers advice and interesting information on gorillas
- Enjoy a sundowner with the spectacular views of the Virunga Mountains
- Three fireplaces in the main areas to keep warm in the chilly evenings
- The nearby Volcanoes National Park has more than half of the world's mountain gorillas
- Superb location, only a couple of minutes walks from the headquarters of Parc National des Volcans where the gorilla treks begin
About Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge
Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge is a luxurious lodge, situated in the foothills of the mighty Virungas, the chain of 15,000 feet volcanoes stretching through Rwanda, Uganda and the Democratic Republic of Congo, affords wonderful views of the volcanoes and the surrounding countryside. Guest cottages and the main lodge building have been beautifully constructed and appointed and the lodge is the perfect base from which to explore this unique and fascinating corner of Africa. Accommodation consists of 5 cottages, 2 suite cottages and 1 family cottage, all en suite and equipped with dressing rooms, large beds and a cosy fireplace. The contemporary Rwandan ambience is created by stone buildings and terracotta roof tiles, situated around beautiful landscaped gardens. Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge is the perfect place to be based to venture into the mountains to view the gorillas in the natural habitat.