Why we like it
- An unforgettable big five game experience in the malaria free Eastern Cape
- Stay in elegant canvas tents, styled from a bygone era
- Excellent guides will make the Addo national Park come to life
- An utterly romantic camp perfect for honeymoon couples
- Well located, Gorah is great to combine with any Garden Route itinerary and only 45 minutes from Port Elizabeth airport
About Gorah Elephant Camp
Gorah Elephant Camp was the first 'Big Five' private concession to be built within a National Park. It is set in the heart of the malaria-free Addo Elephant National Park. As well as lion, cape buffalo and black rhino it is also home to large concentrations of elephant. Designed in the colonial style of the golden days of safari, 11 luxury tented suites are spacious and offer complete comfort for the weary traveller. Elegantly furnished with a blend of campaign furniture and sumptuous softs, the Gorah experience is second to none.
The dining experience at Gorah is exceptional. Superb cuisine is served on the verandas overlooking the waterhole or from the traditional boma area. At night dinner is by candle-light in the elegant dining room of the main house. You can explore the park with experienced rangers in open vehicles, by foot or on horse back.