Why we like it
- A malaria free, Big Five game reserve
- Five different lodges, each with their own distinctive charm and character
- Excellent guides will take you on game drives and bush walks
- Ecca Lodge is the perfect choice for families, with lots of interactive activities for your children and a dedicated play centre
- Great Fish River Lodge offers suites with private balconies complete with plunge pools
About Kwandwe Private Game Reserve
The six suites of Ecca Lodge offer guests the ultimate in stylish and sophisticated hospitality - described as "funk meets futuristic farmhouse", all are extremely spacious. The Great Fish River Lodge is set along the aloe-studded banks of the Great Fish River, nine suites feature private plunge pools and spacious thatched game viewing decks with magnificent views of the wild. Uplands Homestead, a sensitively restored 1905 farmhouse comprising of three spacious en suite bedrooms, is available for exclusive use. Melton Manor a contemporary Eastern Cape homestead with four en suite rooms.
Skilled rangers lead twice-daily game drives, in search of the 'Big Five' and other preditors like African wild dog. Optional adventures are available to explore rock paintings, battlefields and the scenic flight of the blue crane explores the pristine coastline of the region. An interactive kitchen and stylish lap pool are alternative diversions for those wishing to totally unwind.