Why we like it
- Fourth generation family owned and managed property with exclusive traversing rights of the Lion Sands Private Game Reserve
- 18 luxurious thatched bedrooms with en-suite bathroom, outdoor & inside shower & wooden viewing deck.
- Two swimming pools ( heated in winter), Health Spa & gymnasium
- Only private reserve situated on the perennial Sabie River
- Perfect for the first time safari. Children welcome over 10 years old
About Lion Sands River Lodge
River Lodge is the soul of Lion Sands, positioned on a site, which has trees dating back almost 800 years and facing east so that guests can enjoy the perfect African sunrise. It is hosted by a family of staff that will make it feel like home from home with exceptional hospitality.
The private wooden decks provide the perfect place to watch the rising sun over Kruger National Park. The rooms and public areas are linked via wooden walkways. The lounge and bar are classically decorated with African artefacts adorning the walls.
For the more active there are two rim-flow swimming pools as well as a health spa and gymnasium. Near to the lodge, the river island deck provides a wonderful vantage point to quietly sit and watch the amazing bird life of the area.
Conservation is taken very seriously at Lion Sands and they are the only reserve in the Sabi Sands area to employ a full time ecologist, who is responsible for ensuring the preservation of the land.