Why we like it
- Set in an exclusive 18,000 hectare sanctuary adjoining the Kruger National Park″
- Overlooking a shaded river where wildlife frequently bathe and drink
- Prolific wildlife encounters include big game and cats, including the elusive leopard
- Activities include twice-daily game drives and bush walks
- The wine cellar and food here is renowned
About Singita Ebony
The main order of the day at Singita Ebony is silence and solitude: surrounded by vast plains, shaded by enormous trees and hemmed in by a meandering river, Ebony is the 'original' Singita lodge that has retained its unspoiled charm and relaxing ambience, despite a fabulous recent refurbishment that has improved its already stunning interiors. Inside and out the lodge is a charming tribute to the opulence of its colonial heritage, and the 10 one-bedroom suites (plus two two-bed family suites) have been luxuriously outfitted in natural materials, shot through with crimson and saffron –the colours of the bush.
Each room boasts it own private pool, open double-sided fireplace, indoor-outdoor shower and a deck from which you can spot game from a close distance. A secluded main pool is also available, and there's a health spa, gym, library and a boutique. But you're here for the wildlife: enjoy Land Rover safaris, mountain biking, bush walks and two game drives per day. We cannot rave enough about the food here, too. Enjoy breakfast and lunch served on the deck overlooking the Sand River (we love the eggs benedict and biltong) while in the evening you can dine in the boma, feeling the warmth of the fire as the Shangaan choir serenade you.