Why we like it
- An intimate safari lodge, designed to blend seamlessly into the environment
- Excellent Big Five game viewing, with spectacular sightings of the elusive cheetah and rare black rhino
- Activities on offer are day and night game drives, walking safaris, river cruises and canoeing on the Mzinene River
- Perched high on a rocky cliffside with panoramic views over Leopard rock
- Six suites with private plunge pool and viewing deck
About Phinda Rock Lodge
Phinda Rock Lodge has been built on the side of a mountain. The decor is subtly ethnic and the rooms are designed with open space and great viewing in mind. The six suites are suspended over the deep valley below, complete with solid wooden shutters and doors, which open onto a private plunge pool and viewing deck. The dining and sitting areas have fireplaces and open onto a shaded deck, offering sweeping views of the Lebombo Mountains and the bushveld below. Guests can also take part in the leopard research specialist safari at an additional cost.