Why we like it
- Phinda Vlei is an intimate hideaway in the African bush
- Stay in stylish suites with a private deck and plunge pool
- Delicious cuisine is served to you in a variety of locations Vleis' bush banquets are renowned
- Explore this unique eco system by foot or game drive vehicle
- The atmosphere is exclusive and personal, a mixture of understated sophistication and sheer luxury
About andBeyond Phinda Vlei Lodge
Nestled below the Lebombo Mountains of Northern KwaZulu-Natal, Phinda is a Zulu word meaning "the return". One of the most exciting safari destinations in South Africa, Phinda's 25,000 hectares of private game reserve spans seven unique eco-systems.
Fringing Phinda's unique vlei (wetland) system, this stunning safari lodge is a tribute of intimacy and integration with the African bush. Relax on your private deck or in your personal plunge pool and absorb the beauty of nature. Each of the six stilted glass and thatch suites are decorated using a subtle blend of North and West African styles with a hint of Balinese influence. Views over the vlei ensure fabulous game viewing of a variety of wildlife including herds of zebra and grazing antelope.