Why we like it
- With two lodges Marataba Safari Lodge and Marataba Trails Lodge you will find your perfect place to discover the African bush
- Marataba Safari Lodge offers 15 tented suites complete with panoramic views from your own private sun deck
- Facilities include a spacious lounge with a fireplace, a swimming pool and hammocks in the trees to relax in at Marataba Safari Lodge
- Marataba Trails Lodge offers the intrepid traveller high impact walking for that true adventure into the African bush
- Marataba Safari Lodge is family friendly, with activities and safaris aimed at children
Marataba Safari Lodge is the ultimate glamorous retreat. The stunning design of the lodge blends perfectly into its natural setting with the clever use of wood and steel. Each of the suites have spacious en suite bathrooms with large stand alone baths, indoor and outdoor showers. Gourmet cuisine with fresh African flavours is served either in the elegantly appointed dining room or outdoors on the dining veranda or, alternatively, under a glorious African sky in the boma. The lodge has a vast range of activities on offer from game drives, game walks, swimming and night sky safaris.
Marataba Trails Lodge has been created for the avid hiker, the essence of the lodge is to embrace nature and the lodge has been designed to complement its environment. There is no electricity at the Marataba Trails Lodge it runs purely on solar power. Children who are over 6 years old are welcome on the game drives at Marataba Safari Lodge, Marataba Trails Lodge welcomes children over the age of 16.