Why we like it
- Located at the heart of the Madikwe Reserve
- With only five suites, some offering two bedrooms and the most romantic Honeymoon Suite
- Try your hand at African drumming or Zulu dancing
- Activities include game drives and bush walks to discover the Madikwe Reserve
- Royal Madikwe donates twenty percent of all commercial profit into local community projects
About Royal Madikwe
Where five star service, lavish accommodation and adventurous game drives come as standard, Royal Madikwe offers an unforgettable luxury safari experience for families, groups of friends or couples, seeking to soak up the splendour of the African bush. Situated in the malaria free Madikwe Game Reserve, just an 1 hour flight or a 4 ½ hour drive from Johannesburg International Airport, this is the ideal safari destination teeming with encounters of Southern Africa's famous Big Five as well as the endangered wild dogs and cheetah. Children of all ages are welcome at Royal Madikwe where they can play and learn about their natural surroundings in a safe environment with an exciting kiddies program while parents relax by the poolside, or join in on the fun.
Royal Madikwe offers accommodation with spacious interiors, organic textures and beautiful views giving you the opportunity to lose themselves in the sights, sounds and smells of the African Bush. Royal Madikwe also offers the option of exclusive use of the whole lodge, providing a more personal and intimate experience ideal for small groups or families which is available on request.