Why we like it
- An exclusive four bedroom house in the beautiful De Hoop Nature Reserve – one of South Africa’s most magnificent coastal reserves
- From July to November take your front row seat for the spectacular show of migrating southern right whales
- Totally eco-friendly: its green design means that it is totally off the grid
- An array of activities on offer, including mountain biking, guided walks and sand boarding
- With a private chef and a team of staff you won’t have a care in the world
About Morukuru Ocean House
Ocean House offers the ultimate in private oceanfront accommodation. Sitting in the grand De Hoop Nature Reserve, which stretches seemingly to infinity on either side, here you can get totally off the grid and feel removed from the rush of everyday life. Nature, exploration and marine life is the order of the day at De Hoop – be as active, or inactive as you like, but you will never be bored. Visit from late July to November and you’ll be in a prime position to observe the migrating southern right whales: an experience you will never forget.
The four bedroom house can accommodate eight adults and four children (all ages welcome) in four double suites, each with its own en suite bathroom and glass doors which overlook the ocean. Interiors are inspired by the surrounding fynbos dunes, with warm colours, muted woods and splashes of colour, like deep teals that reflect the inky seas outside the panoramic windows.
A team of staff including maid, butler, and chef will welcome you in the usual colourful, cheerful manner of South Africa. They aim not to welcome you to the house, but rather to welcome you home. Food is cooked to your requirements by your personal chef, drinks are served by your personal butler in the open plan lounge and dining areas, or alternatively in the garden with its staggering views. Stay at Ocean House and you’ll be subscribing to Morukuru’s ‘freedom project’ – essentially, no schedules! You can take part in guided marine walks, go sand boarding or mountain biking at your own pace, or simply recline on the enormous wraparound deck next to the sparkling pool. It’s the ideal ‘beach’ stay at the end of a thrilling safari and city combination.