Why we like it
- Perched on the rim of the awe inspiring Ngorongoro Crater
- Spectacular Crater views from everywhere in the suites, including the bathroom
- Each suite enjoys incredible views of the crater
- The staff offer discreet and personal service
- Enjoy fine dining at this iconic lodge
About Ngorongoro Crater Lodge
Perched on the rim of the awe-inspiring Ngorongoro Crater at the eastern boundary of the Serengeti, this is one of the most architecturally spectacular safari lodges in Africa. It lies within the Ngorongoro Conservation Area - more than 3,000 square miles of pristine African wilderness.
The lodge is made up of three adjacent intimate safari camps with breathtaking views, providing a total of 30 romantic Maasai-inspired suites sitting on stilts by the edge of the crater. Each stone and thatch suite has magnificent views of the crater from large glass windows in the bedroom, bathroom and lounge, yet is almost invisible from the crater floor. Glamorous colonial-style interiors with sumptuous touches, such as a chandelier-lit bath tub and shower, are enhanced by discreet personal service from your butler, who will bring you tea, fuel your fireplace and draw your bath. The domed dining room, with its crystal, silver and massive wooden platters, makes every meal a distinctive occasion.