Why we like it
- An exclusive lodge located in the remote far northern sector of the Serengeti
- Good chance of witnessing the annual wildebeest migration crossing the Mara River from July to October
- Activities focus around game drives, guided walks, bush picnics and sundowners
- Cleverly designed to be unseen from afar
- Spacious open safari rooms with their own private and roomy verandas
About Lamai Serengeti
Lamai Serengeti sits in a privileged location in the Serengeti's remote North and is perfectly positioned to witness the wildebeest migration that passes through the area every year. At Lamai Serengeti there are only 12 rooms. These are split between two entirely separate lodges, the Main Lodge with eight rooms and the smaller Private Lodge of four rooms. Each has been built to take advantage of the sun, the wind and rain with the most fantastic panoramic views. All rooms have en-suite bathrooms with hot and cold running water, flush toilets, inside bath and outdoor shower. There is also a swimming pool to relax by in the middle of the day.
Lamai offers a variety of activities including game drives in 4x4 vehicles to explore both south of the Mara River and (river state permitting) to the north, walking safaris to discover the small valleys, river lines and rocky kopjes and allow your knowledgeable guide to bring to life the trees and insects of the ever changing African bush.
As well as the chance to view the spectacular migration, the resident game is excellent with zebra, topi, gazelles, impala, buffalo and giraffe, lion are rarely far away and leopard ever present but always elusive.