Why we like it
- Located in the south central Serengeti with spellbinding views over Moru Kopjes, Lake Magadi and the endless plains
- Ideally placed to offer access to the annual wildebeest and zebra migration from January to May
- An authentic camp modelled on the mobile camps of the 1930's, suitable for families and couples alike
- Ten beautifully-appointed and spacious en suite tents
- A superb base from which to explore the Serengeti
About Elewana Serengeti Pioneer Camp
Modelled on the luxurious mobile camps of the 1930's, a stay at Elewana Serengeti Pioneer Camp will transport you back to a bygone era when an African safari was truly a journey into the unknown. Ultra-stylish and supremely comfortable, the ten beautifully-appointed tents are adorned with throw carpets, period-style lamps, luxuriant soft furnishings and writing desks. Each tent has an en suite bathroom with a flushing toilet, vanity basin and hot showers with a quirky ground sheet for the flooring completing a true camping feel.
The attention to detail here is excellent: the staff will soon know your favourite tipple and nothing is ever too much trouble. The food is a top notch, with breakfast and dinner served in the dining tent. You can opt to have lunch either in the camp or in the bush, although we recommend the latter! With the 'Big Five' and the annual migration on the camp's door step, the experiences you have here are guaranteed to stay with you long after you return home.