Why we like it
- An authentic back to nature experience with nothing separating you from your surrounding landscape
- Commanding views of the Serengeti
- Careful planning enables this mobile camp to anticipate the movements of "The Great Migration"
- Perfect for travellers looking for a rustic charming camp with all the luxuries and comforts needed for a truly special bush camp experience
- Activities include twice daily game drives, stargazing and hot air balloon trips (additional cost)
About andBeyond Serengeti Under Canvas
andBeyond Serengeti Under Canvas offers a chance to partake in a classic Tanzanian safari as it would have been experienced in the 1920's. Two roaming wilderness camps follow in the footsteps of the animals, featuring classic Hemingway's style tents with full ensuite facilities, outdoor bucket showers and separate w.c.'s. Each private campsite has eight tents, stay in complete comfort with the authenticity of nights spent in the African bush. There is a dedicated sitting and dining tent providing deep sofas from which to contemplate the vastness and peace of the surrounding landscape. The camp is simple with elegant finishes of Persian rugs and chandeliers reminiscent of the explorer area. The guides are exceptional and their wealth of knowledge of the local area means that they know in great detail where the plentiful resident game is located if the Great Migration has not yet reached the area where the camp is pitched. Lion, and hyena, as well as the more elusive cheetah and leopard can all be found in this beautiful part of the Serengeti.