Why we like it
- Fantastic location for unforgettable walking safaris and bird watching
- An elegant lodge yet sensitive to its surroundings
- Day trips can be arranged to Tarangire, Manyara and Ngorongoro National Parks
- Activities available are game drives, walking safaris or horseback safaris
- Incredible views over Lake Manyara and the surrounding escarpment
About Chem Chem Tarangire
The exclusive Chem Chem Tarangire lies within the migration corridor between the immense savannahs of Tarangire National Park and the bird-rich waters of Lake Manyara on its own 4000-hectare private land concession. This makes the lodge the perfect choice for exploring these two areas without having to unpack a suitcase.
Each of the eight luxurious tents offer an elegant bedroom, reading room, full bathroom, outdoor shower and wooden deck area, perfect for evenings by firelight. The discreet service is personalised and tailored to your requirements, whether it be a romantic dinner for two in the bush or a relaxing massage under the shade of a baobab tree.
The main area of the lodge has ample comfortable sofas and armchairs to relax in or exchange stories with other guests; there is also a main swimming pool with views out to the savannah.
Chem Chem offers an incredible experience, exploring its private concession on foot or on horseback accompanied by a safari guide. Other facilities within the camp include a dining room serving gourmet fusion cuisine, lounge, library, sundeck, swimming pool and an excellent spa.