Why we like it
- Exclusive boutique resort decorated in a fusion of Arabic, Swahili and Indian design
- Choose from one or two bedroomed villas
- Indulge in treatments in the Swahili inspired Frangipani Spa
- Superb children's club for children aged four - 12 years
- The Sultan's Dining room offers a spectacular setting
About Baraza Resort & Spa
Overlooking the Bwejuu-Paje beach, Baraza has fantastic views over the fine white sands and coral reefs of the eastern shore. When you're not exploring the beaches, you can start your day with an invigorating yoga session or perhaps a relaxing treatment in the fabulous spa. The hotel is a wonderful fusion of design influences, with sweeping arches, intricate hand-carved décor and handmade furniture; traditional brass lanterns adorn the villas creating a soft, romantic light. The 30 spacious villas are airy yet intimate, with expansive terraces for relaxing and private plunge pools, perfect for reclining with a favourite cocktail.
Action-lovers will find a range of activities at the Water Club, and the hotel offers access to the Rising Sun Dive Centre, the only PADI 5* Gold Palm and National Geographic Dive Centre in Zanzibar which benefits from its close proximity to the beautiful underwater world of the Indian Ocean. Choose from kite surfing, sailing, windsurfing, kayaking or snorkeling, or rent some reef shoes and walk out to the reef.