Why we like it
- An intimate camp with just six tents
- Prime wildlife viewing area famous for its pride of lions
- Open plains are home to hundreds of red lechewe, puku and roan antelope
- Activities include game drives both day and night, boating and specialist birding safaris
- Incredible dinners under the clear African skies, round the campfire of the boma
About Shumba Camp
Shumba Camp is set in the centre of the Busanga Plains, home to hundreds of red lechwe and other antelope species, which move onto the Plains as the dry season progresses. This wealth of game is a big attraction for predators, including wild dog, cheetah and large prides of lion, sometimes up to 20 strong. Shumba Camp comprises of six spacious luxury tented units set on raised platforms with spectacular views of the surrounding plains. The tented units offer both indoor and outdoor showers. Along with a bar and dining area, this camp is shaded by spectacular fig trees with magnificent vistas over the open wildlife rich plains.