Why we like it
- From June to December enjoy canoe safaris
- A Colonial style safari camp
- We recommend the Explorer Suites, they are larger and have a private verandah
- Indoor and Outdoor dining
- Infinity pool overlooking the river is the perfect place to relax in the middle of the day
About Baines’ River Camp
Baines’ River Camp is nestled on the banks of the Lower Zambezi River. Stay in colonial styled suites complete with a private verandah, the ideal place to relax with a good book listening to the noises of the African bush. For families the two bedroomed Baines’ Cottage is the perfect choice with a private dining area and a private lawn overlooking the river. Children are welcome over the age of six.
A safari in the Lower Zambezi is a true adventure and with the array of activities on offer here you will soon be addicted to the early morning wake up call. Enjoy game drives, river cruises, canoe safaris, walking safaris, bird watching, fishing and sunset cruises. (Some activities are seasonal due to water levels). After an exhilarating safari activity indulge your senses with a spa treatment back at the camp. Baines’ River camp combines well with Sanctuary Puku Ridge Camp in the South Luangwa.