Why we like it
- Located in South Luangwa, Zambia’s predator capital.
- Each elevated villa has an individual plunge pool – ideal for watching the floats of hippos in the river in front.
- Retains an authentic bush feel yet exudes luxury and charm.
- Designed by award-winning architects Silvio Rech and Lesley Carstens.
- Set on a game-rich riverside – view game from the comfort of your lodge.
The only way to reach this luxurious lodge in Zambia’s game-rich South Luangwa National Park is to cross a river by boat. Once across the stretch of water, Chinzombo sits amongst towering ancient trees. Part of Norman Carr Safaris, the company founded by the famed safari pioneer who first brought guests to Luangwa in the 1950s. Located on a riverbank thronged with wildlife, it’s no wonder this camp has won so many awards and fans.
Intimate with a mere six lodges, Chinzombo mixes luxury with a traditional canvas-walled bush camp aesthetic. The camp was designed by award-winning architects, the noted team of Silvio Rech and Lesley Carstens, who also breathed life and luxe into Jao Camp in Botswana and North Island in the Seychelles. The six lavish, elevated villas each have a private plunge pools and spacious living area. The camp truly is a magnificent place to relax, unwind and watch for wildlife.