Why we like it
- Sanctuary Sussi & Chuma is located on the banks of the Zambezi River a short drive from the magnificent Victoria Falls
- Activities included are game drives in the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park, a local village tour, sundowner cruise on the river and a tour of the Victoria Falls
- A treatment room is available to experience spa treatments using products from the Africology line with a range of body therapies, body rituals and facial skin care
- The lodge has 12 tree houses and two spacious two bedroom private houses
- Children six years and older are welcome in the Sussi Tree houses. Children of all ages are welcome at the Chuma Houses
About Sanctuary Sussi & Chuma
Sanctuary Sussi & Chuma lodge is named after David Livingstone's faithful friends, Sussi and Chuma who carried his body all way back to England from where he died in Zambia. The lodge consists of 12 beautiful tree houses and two spacious two bedroom private houses, both of which take full advantage of their stunning river-bank setting.
Each of the 12 suites have a private viewing deck and boasts en suite facilities with air-conditioning, overhead fans, mosquito nets and all the little luxuries you would expect from a lodge of this calibre. The two bedroom Chuma houses are perfect for private use, ideal for families or small groups they are privately staffed and each with a private swimming pool.
The main lodge building features a spectacular raised bar/lounge deck, open air dining area, curio shop, swimming pool and lawns sweeping down to the water's edge. Resident wildlife, such as hippopotamus and elephant, are likely to wander through the grounds at any time. Guests may enjoy a wide variety of activities - early morning river cruises, afternoon game drives, a tour of the Victoria Falls or perhaps a visit to a local village are certain to enthral.